How long are the sessions?
60 minutes (or 90 minutes) depending on what’s been arranged in advance.
Are your appointments online or in-person?
I see people online. Initially this was because of Covid-19, but as many clients commented they found it easier to fit in a session when they don’t have to factor in travel time on top, that’s now my default option.
Is it better to book a single session or a programme?
As I don’t wave magic wands, it’s likely you’ll need more than the single session 😉 But if you prefer to work on a session-by-session basis rather than commit up front to a fixed period programme, that option is available to you. That said, I design my programmes to offer the best to clients, both from a value for money perspective and also by building in an expectation of contact in between the individual sessions.
Can I continue working with you after a package has ended?
Yes. When you have completed the term of your package, we will have a review to look at what you have achieved and see what you would like to achieve going forward. If you would like, you can continue to work on a session-by-session, or you can book a package of sessions at a reduced rate.
How can I pay?
By bank transfer in advance – bank details will be contained on my invoice to you.
What is coaching?
Life Coaching is all about change. How to decide what changes to make, how to make those changes, how to react when change happens to you. A Life Coach helps you navigate that process by asking the right questions. It wouldn’t be life coaching if we didn’t set goals and if there wasn’t action being taken to achieve those goals, but I prefer to work by engaging your enthusiasm instead of applying pressure.
What is the client’s role in coaching?
The clients who get the most powerful results
- Make the coaching process a priority and have a willingness to change
- Commit to the work and to attending the sessions
- While I lead the sessions and set the pace, they do their best to fulfil agreed action plans and goals
- Are willing and able to take responsibility for their choices, actions and behaviours
- Attend sessions with a curious intention of gaining clarity and understanding
- Attend their sessions on time and make them an absolute priority
- Understand and accept that I will sometimes challenge their perspective
Would Relationship Coaching or Relationship Counselling be best for me?
Counselling would be the better option for you if you
- Have mental health concerns
- Have unresolved addictions
- Only want to talk
- Want to understand problems and issues rather than seek solutions
Coaching would suit you better if you
- Want to know how to make things better
- Are willing to take responsibility
- Are ready to take action to change
What is NLP?
NLP, or Neuro Linguistic Programming, is generally described as the study of excellence, but my preferred view is to think of it as a user manual for your mind. Let’s start by breaking it down into its component parts first …
- Neuro stands for the brain – in this case, your mind.
- Linguistic stands for language (in all its forms, not simply spoken) and how your use of it can provide clues to what’s going on in your mind – either consciously or subconsciously.
- Programming relates to how your behaviour is based upon what you’ve learned from your experiences to date – and how that can be changed, should you choose to.
NLP can be provide you with the tools and skills to
- handle negative emotions such as anxiety and stress.
- enable you to call up positive emotions such as confidence and self belief when you need them.
- build your understanding of others and so improve difficult relationships.
If you’ve any other questions, please drop me a line.